Location Sunnyvale, CA
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, this is a highly technical role, providing pre & post-sales support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer’s networks.
• Troubleshooting the network’s design and architecture issues
• Analyzing network and device configurations
• Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
• Testing product features and functionality
• Providing deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
• Providing informal workshops to transfer knowledge to engineering staff
• Applying industry best practices to the design, planning, and implementation of the network
• Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyze potential enhancements
• Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
This is a full-time position and may require long work hours. Technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
• Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
• Raise equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and to track these through to problem resolution.
• Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the customer and to the Account Team and leadership.
• Hold design and information gathering workshops with the Account Team & customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
• Understand the customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the customers’ network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
• Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
• Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
• Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried.
• Train the customers’ design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products.
• Support design and planning of Juniper MX, EX and SRX network routing products and associated solutions within the Customer infrastructure.
• Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications.
• Peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 7 years’ experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments. Candidates for this role must also have a minimum of 3 years experience designing IP networks.
Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with JNCIE certification or equivalent experience.
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
• A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to:
o TCP/IP and MPLS fundamentals
o IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
o Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
o Routing policies at BGP peering points
o VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.)
o Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
• Strong Interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
• Strong customer interface and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Juniper Hardware: MX, EX, QFX, SRX series
• At least 5+ years of experience with a network service provider
• JUNOS CLI experience
• Must understand Spanning Tree, BGP and route reflector topologies
• Must be able to communicate with internal Juniper Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams
• Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
• Unix/Linux skills a plus
• Scripting skills a must.
• Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus
• Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc.
• Experience with Multicast strongly preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
• JNCIE a strong plus
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Customer
• Usage of the latest technologies and tools
• Good working conditions
• Friendly atmosphere
• USA work visa
• High salary
You can clarify all the details or send your CV via Email: Knikulshina@bellintegrator.com
Проблемы поиска работы, интервью, как написать резюме и как решать текущие проблемы на работе - все это можно обсудить в этом разделе.
1 сообщение • Страница 1 из 1
Кто сейчас на конференции
Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и 0 гостей