Location Chicago, IL
This is a highly technical role that provides post-sales, on-site and potentially on-call support of Juniper Networks products for one of the country’s largest Cable Service Provider. The ideal candidate for this role must have a detailed understanding of protocols used for IP based service provider networks and be able to demonstrate technical expertise in the configuration, troubleshooting and operation of IP based routers and include hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers. It requires excellent customer interface skills, including both written and verbal.
This is a 40 hour per week position, on-site, at the customer location and may require additional work hours and on-call support for critical issues which will be compensated for with Comp time.
- Support design and planning of Juniper MX, EX, QFX network routing products within the Customer infrastructure.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer.
- Partner with other internal employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- hold design and information gathering workshops with the customer to understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements.
- understand the customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures.
- carry out testing of new features and functionality required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the live network.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution.
- Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried.
- Train the customer's design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products.
- Assist the customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
- hold design and information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customers existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Raise equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) and to track these through to problem resolution
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer.
- There will be multiple maintenance windows that this person will need to attend. Willingness and good attitude required!
Required Skills Experience:
- 7+ Operational, Engineering and support experience in large scale IP networks.
- In depth understanding of Juniper hardware – including EX, QFX, and MX
- Work experience at a large Service Provider
- Experience with core routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, ISIS
- Experience with MPLS, VPLS, L2VPNs, STP
- Experience with design and/or deployment of routing and switching products within the Customer infrastructure.
- IPv6, Multicast, PIM and L3VPNs
- Experience in fault isolation logic and techniques.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills.
- JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE a strong plus
- Nice to have: prior experience with scripting or programming languages including Python, SLAX, and NETCONF, and experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or others.
Desired Experience (in years) 7-10
Проблемы поиска работы, интервью, как написать резюме и как решать текущие проблемы на работе - все это можно обсудить в этом разделе.
1 сообщение • Страница 1 из 1
Кто сейчас на конференции
Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и 0 гостей