Location Naperville, IL
Reporting to the Manager of Service and based out of Chicago, IL, this is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer’s network.
• Support on-going infrastructure projects with knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies
• Build tools to automate business processes, configuration pushing, device configuration standardizing, etc…
• Manage data collection for the network
• Convey collected data into a form easily consumed by users
• Applying industry best practices to the design, planning, and implementation of the network and the tools driving it
• Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyze potential enhancements
This is a full-time position and may require long work hours. Technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
• Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
• Understand unit and functional testing for tools. Be able to add Junos devices into that process.
• Understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
• Carry out testing of new tools, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
• Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
• Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
• Support design and planning of Juniper SRX, MX routing and EX switching products and associated solutions within the Customer infrastructure
• Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
• To peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with JNCIA certification or equivalent experience.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical understanding of the installation and operation of IP routers/switches and firewalls.
• Familiar with Junos Space/Security Director to manage firewall policies
• Familiar with operation of management tools and network analyzers.
• An understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to:
o TCP/IP and MPLS fundamentals
o IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
o Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
o Routing policies at BGP peering points
o VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.)
o Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
• Strong Interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
• Strong customer interface and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Juniper Hardware: MX, EX, SRX series
• JUNOS CLI experience
• Must understand BGP and route reflector topologies
• Must be able to communicate with internal Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams
• Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
• Unix/Linux skills
• Scripting skills
• Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus
• Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc.
• Understanding of Multicast strongly preferred
• JNCIA/JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT a strong plus
Desired Experience (in years) 7-10
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Customer
• Usage of the latest technologies and tools
• Good working conditions
• Friendly atmosphere
• USA work visa
• High salary
Проблемы поиска работы, интервью, как написать резюме и как решать текущие проблемы на работе - все это можно обсудить в этом разделе.
1 сообщение • Страница 1 из 1
Кто сейчас на конференции
Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и 1 гость